We use cookies to ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience on our website. More information on the cookies we set can be found in our privacy policy.

Insurance for homeowners

Buildings insurance

Your freeholder is responsible for insuring the structure of the building and common parts only. As a leaseholder or Shared Owner your buildings insurance is paid for through your service charge. The policy covers your main residence, outbuildings, forecourts, fixtures and fittings, garages, walls, piping, wires and any public mains that you are responsible for. If you have to make a claim against buildings insurance there is an excess to be paid for each and every loss.

Please contact insurance@newlon.org.uk if you want to make a claim or find out more information.

Contents insurance

We do not provide contents insurance for your home. You will need to arrange this separately.

However, we can help our residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home, arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens.

The policy provides cover for your home contents in cases of fire, flood, water and storm damage, as well as theft. It also provides coverage for damage to external glazing and fixtures and fittings.

In addition there is optional coverage for wheelchairs and mobility scooters, garages and greenhouses, accidental damage and for personal possessions away from the home. These can be included for an additional premium.

Pay-as-you-go payment options are available, there are no administration or cancellation fees and there is no excess.

Please note that terms and conditions, limits and exclusions do apply: A full policy wording is available on request.

To find out more or to apply for cover please call 0345 450 7288 or email myhome@thistleinsurance.co.uk. You can also visit their website at www.thistlemyhome.co.uk.

Information on the scheme is also available direct from us. Just contact our Service Centre on 020 7613 8080.