We use cookies to ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience on our website. More information on the cookies we set can be found in our privacy notice.

Ending your tenancy

If you are a Newlon tenant and would like to end your tenancy with us then you will need to provide us with at least four weeks notice. In order to do so you should complete and send a Notice to Quit (NTQ) form, which you can download at the bottom of this page. You will need to send it to us via email, by post or by hand. Please see the contact us page for the relevant addresses.

The four-week notice period will being on the Monday following the date we receive the form. If we receive it on a Monday then it will commence that day. We will write to you confirming receipt of the form, stating the date at which your tenancy ends and details of how to return your keys.

Please note that an email or letter will not be accepted in place of a NTQ form.

Under the terms of your tenancy agreement you are still responsible for the property and rent payments until the tenancy end date. Therefore we strongly recommend you do not leave the property before the four-week notice period is over.

For help completing the NTQ form, or if you have any further queries, then please contact our Service Centre.

If you are a resident at any of our Royal Free Hospital accommodation – Anne Bryans House, Coppetts Wood House and Queen Mary’s Residence – then please be aware that the guidance above does not apply to you. Instead you should contact the office at Coppetts Wood House directly on 020 7449 4300.

Relevant documents