Support for residents
Newlon runs a variety of services, projects and activities to support their residents. Their aim is to help build strong communities.
Newlon helps residents who:
- Are unemployed and looking for jobs.
- Are in part-time employment and looking for full-time work.
- Want training or ways to develop their skills.
- Have questions about benefits or need help to apply for them.
- Need assistance with finances, debt or rent arrears.
- Would like to take part in health and wellbeing activities.
Main areas of support
- Welfare and financial inclusion – supporting residents facing financial hardship by giving advice, making applications for benefits and referring them to external services.
- Employment support and guidance – helping residents find jobs, apprenticeships or training. This service also benefits from the support of Newlon’s partners who help us achieve our goals.
- Community facilities – providing local halls and spaces for residents to take part in health and wellbeing programmes and other community activities. The two main spaces are the Barnsbury Community Centre in Islington and Lascar Wharf in Tower Hamlets, though they work across all boroughs where Newlon has homes.
- Training courses and personal development – assisting residents to access a range of training courses both online and in person, many of which are free.