Newlon’s Resident Services team runs a variety of services, projects and activities to support Newlon residents. Their aim is to help build strong communities. Find out more about how they support residents through the work of our Resident Services team.
The team makes sure Newlon’s community facilities are great spaces that benefit Newlon residents as well as the local community. They also assist residents looking for jobs or those in financial difficulties by providing advice or referral to specialist agencies.
The Resident Services team helps Newlon residents who:
- are unemployed and looking for jobs;
- are in part-time employment and looking for full-time work;
- want training or ways to develop their skills;
- have questions about benefits or need help to apply for them;
- need assistance with finances, debt or rent arrears;
- would like to take part in health and wellbeing activities.
Main areas of work
- Welfare and financial inclusion – supporting residents facing financial hardship by giving advice, making applications for benefits and referring them to external services.
- Employment support and guidance – helping residents find jobs, apprenticeships or training. This service also benefits from the support of Newlon’s partners who help us achieve our goals.
- Community facilities – providing local halls and spaces for residents to take part in health and wellbeing programmes and other community activities. The two main spaces are the Barnsbury Community Centre in Islington and Lascar Wharf in Tower Hamlets, though they work across all boroughs where Newlon has homes.
- Training courses and personal development – assisting residents to access a range of training courses both online and in person, many of which are free.
Contacting the Resident Services team
To find out more you can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7033 4605. Alternatively come to our head office at Newlon House in Tottenham Hale or the Barnsbury Community Centre in Islington.