We use cookies to ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience on our website. More information on the cookies we set can be found in our privacy notice.

Repairs and maintenance

We aim to maintain our homes to a high standard and deal with repairs as efficiently as possible. We are responsible for many of the repairs to our properties and communal areas. However, in some instances you may be expected to deal with them. For full details please visit our who’s responsible page.

How to report an emergency/urgent repair

  • If you have an emergency/urgent repair, please phone 020 7613 8080 (or freephone 0800 072 4611). Lines are open from 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
  • Someone in our Service Centre will be available to speak to you and deal with your repairs.
  • We will discuss the problem, assess the level of urgency, and let you know when a repair can be done.
  • If you require an emergency repair outside office hours please call 020 7613 8080 – where a recorded message will direct you to our out of hours service providers.
  • It’s important that you phone us if you have an emergency/urgent repair.
  • Please do not email us as we are unlikely to respond within the required timescale.

How to report a non-urgent maintenance/repair

  • For non-urgent maintenance/repairs queries please email: repairs@newlon.org.ukEmail responses are made within 2 to 10 working days.
  • You can also report repairs using our My Newlon portal. This will enable you to report repairs 24/7 and track the progress of any issues you have reported.
  • Live chat: Select the chat icon on this screen and type your details to connect immediately to one of our Service Centre advisers. If there are no advisers available then you will have the option to leave a message and we will get back to you.
  • Callback: If you have called 020 7613 8080 but don’t want to wait on the line to speak to a Service Centre Advisor, just select the ‘callback’ option when prompted and follow the instructions. We will always call you back on the same day and usually within two hours.

How to report damp and mould

If you are experiencing significant or long-term problems with damp and mould in your home and we have not recently contacted you, or if you have had repairs or works carried out but are still experiencing issues, please contact us by email at DMTF@Newlon.org.uk. This is the email inbox for our team working specifically on issues resulting from damp, mould and leaks. One of our team will then contact you to review the problems you are experiencing and assess the best course of action.

You can find out more about this issue in our Dealing with damp and mould section.

Reporting a repair out of hours

If it is our of office hours and your repair is an emergency, please phone the Service Centre on 020 7613 8080 and a voicemail message will provide you with the numbers of contractors who can deal with your repair. Emergencies include total loss of water or electricity and dangerous structural damage, such as a collapsed ceiling.

Cyclical repairs and stock improvement

To find out about our rolling programme of external works to your home visit our page on stock and cyclical works.

More information

You can find out more information about repairs by downloading the leaflets below.