Newlon’s Resident Services team runs a range of services, projects and activities to support Newlon residents. They also provide a range of non-housing services which complement the delivery of the Trust’s core housing function. Their aim is to help build strong communities.
The team makes sure Newlon’s community facilities are great spaces that benefit Newlon residents as well as the local community. They also assist residents looking for jobs or those in financial difficulties by providing advice or referral to specialist agencies.
The Resident Services team helps Newlon residents who:
- Are looking for work.
- Are in part-time employment and looking for full-time work.
- Want training or to develop their skills.
- Have questions about benefits or need help to apply for them.
- Need help with finances, debt or rent arrears.
- Would like to take part in health and wellbeing activities.
Main areas of work
- Welfare and financial inclusion – supporting Newlon residents facing financial hardship by giving advice, making applications for benefits and referring them to external services.
- Employment support and guidance – helping residents find jobs, apprenticeships or training. This service also benefits from the support of Newlon’s partners who help us achieve our goals.
- Community facilities – providing local halls and spaces for residents to take part in health and wellbeing programmes and other community activities. The two main spaces are the Barnsbury Community Centre in Islington and Lascar Wharf in Tower Hamlets, though they work across all Newlon’s boroughs.
- Training courses and opportunities – working with our Resident Involvement team they help residents access a range of training courses, many of them free.
Contacting the Resident Services team
You can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7033 4605. Alternatively come to our head office at Newlon House in Tottenham Hale or the Barnsbury Community Centre in Islington.