Our Executive team
- Ezinne OgbonnaBusiness Development DirectorFollowing an extensive recruitment process Ezinne Ogbonna was appointed as Business Development Director In April 2018. Ezi joined Newlon in 2006 and was promoted to the role of Deputy Business Development Director in 2011. She previously worked in housing development at Gateway Housing Association. She has overseen many of Newlon’s major development projects including working on the award winning Arsenal and Hale Village regeneration programmes.
- Mike HinchNewlon Board member and Group Chief ExecutiveMike joined Newlon in 1993 as Finance Director and became Chief Executive in 1999. Before joining Newlon Mike held senior positions in housing and local government. He is a qualified accountant and has an MBA. He is a member of the Development Committee and the NewlonBuild Board. Mike has been a Board member of several other housing associations. Declaration of interests Board member of Tottenham Hotspur Foundation NewlonBuild Board member
- Nicky BolandChief Executive Officer of OutwardNicky took over as Outward’s CEO and Newlon Housing Trust's Director of Supported Housing in November 2021. Nicky has worked in adult social care for over 30 years managing registered care homes and supported housing for people with learning disabilities before moving over to a range of senior and executive quality assurance and business development roles. Nicky reports directly to Mike Hinch and is part of the Group Executive Team (GET) but not the Trust Executive team (TET).
- Sarah ShawHousing Services DirectorSarah joined Newlon in December 2021 from Octavia Housing, where she was Director of Homes, Care and Communities. She also has extensive previous director level experience with East Thames and Family Mosaic.
- Surjit DhandeGroup Finance and Resources DirectorSurjit joined us in July 2017 from Cambridge Housing Group, where he had been Group Finance Director since 2011. He has been a Director at two other housing providers and was Deputy Director at Network for seven years. He was also Outward’s first ever Finance Manager, long before they joined the Newlon Group. He also has a non-executive role at Barnet Homes.
- Symon SentainProperty Services DirectorSymon Sentain started at Newlon in June 2014. He leads the Property Services Department, which covers the areas of Building Services (compliance), Repairs (day to day), Special Projects (major latent defects), and Strategic Asset Management (cyclical/planned maintenance, insurance, disposals and commercial property management). Symon is an experienced property professional who has worked at a senior level in various roles for many years. Symon started his career in housing in 1991. Shortly after graduating he joined Family Housing Association progressing to a development manager. He went on to join Newham Council progressing to Head of Partnerships where he led the housing partnership and regeneration function. Following this, he went on to work at chief executive, executive director and programme director level at a number of property development, housing, and regeneration companies. After joining Newlon he led a major defects remediation programme dealing with major fire safety remediation schemes. More recently, as Assistant Director Property Services, he headed the Barnsbury Estate Transformation (BEST) programme leading to the very successful estate ballot outcome in favour of the transformation proposals. Symon was appointed as interim Property Services Director in March 2021 and following an extensive recruitment process was permanently appointed to the role in February 2022.