We use cookies to ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience on our website. More information on the cookies we set can be found in our privacy notice.

Social rent

Newlon provides around 4,000 social rent homes across north and east London. We do not take direct applications for this type of housing, so in order to become one of our residents you will need to be referred to us in one of the following ways:

By your local authority – You will need to be registered on your local authority waiting list. The majority of our social lettings go to local authorities and if you have sufficient priority you will be able to bid for homes that become available on the Choice Based Lettings systems. Visit your local council office or their website for more information. We do not take direct applications.

By specialist support agencies – We currently work with a small number of agencies in partnership with Outward, our support and care partner, to offer ‘move-on’ accommodation to some people who no longer need support. All of these referrals need to made via Outward as we do not take direct applications.

By another housing association – We are a member of HomeSwapper, which helps residents to transfer between housing associations if they want to move to a different area. You can join by registering at www.homeswapper.co.uk.

If you have any more questions about our social rented accommodation please contact the Service Centre on 020 7613 8080 or email customerservice@newlon.org.uk.