Newlon is one of the main providers of Intermediate Rent homes in north and east London. Intermediate Rent is a scheme where homes are let at 70% of market rents in the local area. For a good indication of what market rent in the area is likely to be, check estate agents’ lettings websites.
Anyone who meets our eligibility criteria can apply. However we will give priority to existing Newlon Intermediate Rent tenants who are overcrowded by more than two people, followed by key workers.
We have Intermediate Rent homes in boroughs including Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
To be eligible you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £90,000 per annum and a minimum of £24,000.
- You need to be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You must complete a credit check and obtain a satisfactory credit score.
- You must be able to be able to meet the cost of the rent and the associated bills at the property and be able to pay the deposit and rent in advance. (Deposits will not be accepted from a 3rd party.)
- You must be able to pay by direct debit.
- If you have been a Newlon tenant in the past you must not have left owing us money or been evicted for a breach of tenancy or arrears.
- You need be eligible for the Right to Rent.
- You must not own or have an interest in a property which you could otherwise occupy.
To find out about any Intermediate Rent homes we have available please visit our lettings website at www.newlonlettings.org.uk.
Accommodation at the Royal Free Hospital
We have an ongoing partnership with the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust to provide accommodation in and around their main Hampstead campus.
Applicants must be employees of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust or an affiliated organisation.
To find out more, including whether you qualify, visit newlon-royalfreehospital.org.uk.