Newlon is one of the main providers of Intermediate Rent homes in north and east London. Intermediate Rent is a scheme where homes are let at 70-80% of market rents in the local area. For a good indication of what market rent in the area is likely to be, check estate agents’ lettings websites.
Priority is given to Key Workers, although we will now consider other people who meet the criteria set out below.
We have Intermediate Rent homes in boroughs including Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £90,000 per annum and a minimum of £24,000.
- You need to be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You must complete a credit check.
- If you have been a Newlon tenant in the past you must not have left owing us money or been evicted for a breach of tenancy or arrears.
- You must be able to pay the rent without state assistance such as Housing Benefit.
- You must be able to pay by direct debit.
- You must be eligible for the Right to Rent.
- You must not own or have an interest in a property that you could be expected to occupy.
To find out about any Intermediate Rent homes we have available please visit our lettings website at www.newlonlettings.org.uk.