Newlon is one of the main providers of Intermediate Rent homes in north and east London. Intermediate Rent is a scheme where homes are let at 70-80% of market rents in the local area. For a good indication of what market rent in the area is likely to be, check estate agents’ lettings websites.
We give priority to Key Workers, although we will also consider other people who meet the criteria set out below.
We have Intermediate Rent homes in boroughs including Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
To be eligible you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £90,000 per annum and a minimum of £24,000.
- You need to be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You must complete a credit check.
- If you have previously been a Newlon tenant then you must not have been evicted for a breach of tenancy or left owing us money.
- You must be able to pay the rent without state assistance such as Housing Benefit.
- It is essential that you are able to pay by direct debit.
- You need be eligible for the Right to Rent.
- You must not own or have an interest in a property which you could otherwise occupy.
To find out about any Intermediate Rent homes we have available please visit our lettings website at www.newlonlettings.org.uk.