Working for Newlon
From our most recent staff attitude survey we were pleased to learn that the vast majority of our employees would recommend Newlon as a great place to work. It’s certainly true that once people get here they don’t want to leave as more than half of our employees have been with us longer than five years.
People understand how their role fits into our vision and what we are trying to achieve and they can see how their hard work helps us to build new homes, improve services for residents and regenerate communities.
The current employment benefits we offer, subject to completion of a probationary period, include:
- 27 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after five years’ service.
- A non-contributory pension of 8%.
- Death in service benefit of four times your salary and an income protection scheme in the event of serious ill-health.
- A flexi-time scheme.
- Participation in a performance related pay scheme that gives you the chance to earn an additional 5% of salary.
- A health cash plan, an employee advisory service and a gym or exercise subsidy of up to £120 a year.
- A cycle to work scheme, offering substantial savings on bikes and safety equipment.
We are committed to helping people maintain and extend the skills they need to do their jobs and everyone has a personal development plan linked to our overall business plan. These are some of the reasons why in December 2016 we were awarded the prestigious Gold accreditation from Investors in People. The assessor’s report noted that “there is a culture of continuous learning and this enables Newlon to achieve its objectives”.
Our purpose-built Group headquarters at Hale Village provide the facilities, equipment and space to allow staff to do their jobs safely, effectively and in comfort.
Newlon is an innovative place to work and there is a great sense of commitment to delivering results for our residents. Life is busy and demanding but the atmosphere is friendly and supportive with opportunities for social activities such as our annual entry into the Crisis Square Mile run and our staff Christmas party.
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to valuing people as individuals, to promoting diversity and to preventing discrimination. This is reflected in all our employment practices including our approach to learning and development and recruitment.