This website uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. Please confirm that you accept our use of cookies. For more information view our cookie policy. Continue

ASB and enforcement

  • How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

    We are responsible for removing any vehicles abandoned on Newlon property. If you see an abandoned vehicle on our estates then please call us on 020 7613 8080.

    You will need to let us know details including its exact location, the make, model and colour of the vehicle, and its registration number.

    However, please note that if the vehicle is on a public highway then responsibility for its removal lies with the relevant local council, and you will need to contact them.

  • How do I report noise nuisance?

    If you wish to report any noise nuisance you should contact our Service Centre so we can record the issue. In doing so we will check to see whether this noise nuisance has previously been reported as an issue.

    You may be asked to keep diary sheets, to document the events. These can be obtained on our website at Alternatively we can print them for you and send them in the post.


  • How do I report persistent noise nuisance?

    If you have previously reported a noise nuisance but the issue is still continuing then you need to contact us again.

    You will need to send any completed diary to us in the post. Please address them to Newlon Housing Trust, Newlon House, 4 Daneland Walk, N17 9FE. You may have been asked to fill in these diary sheets when you initially reported the issue.

    Once we have received the diary sheets then the Enforcement team will be in contact with you within two working days to discuss the issue and plan action to help resolve it.

  • What should I do if there is a threatening or misbehaving dog where I live?

    If you witness a dog behaving in an unreasonable or threatening way please contact our Service Centre or email to let us know. If you tell us where and when the incident occurred, and provide us with as much detail as you can about the dog and the owner, we will follow the matter up. Helpful information would include the name and / or address of the owner, or a description of the dog / owner.

    If the issue is particularly serious or persistent and we are able to identify the owner then we may take action against them under their tenancy agreement.

  • How do I report persistent barking from a dog?

    If there is persistent barking from a dog in a nearby property then you should try contacting your local authority, because they have specific equipment and powers to help them deal with noise nuisance. You can find out your local contact by following this link:

    If you have any difficulties resolving the issue with them, please contact our Service Centre or email to let us know and we will follow it up for you.

  • What if there is a dog fouling on my estate?

    If there is dog fouling on your estate please let us know by contacting our Service Centre or emailing and we will arrange for it to be removed. We will also take steps to identify the dog’s owner and contact them about the issue.

  • What should I do if someone has a dog without permission?

    If you think that another resident is keeping a dog without permission then please let us know by contacting our Service Centre or emailing Please provide as much information about the dog and the owner as possible and we will follow the issue up. Helpful information would include the name and / or address of the owner, or a description of the dog / owner.

  • What should I do if there is littering on my estate?

    If you notice littering please contact our Service Centre or email If there is a cleaner for the site where you live they will be informed and will remove the litter.

    However, if there is no cleaner where you live then you and your neighbours are responsible for removing the litter

  • How do I report people blocking, cluttering, littering or storing items in communal areas?

    If you notice items in the communal areas of your building that shouldn’t be there, please let us know by contacting our Service Centre or emailing because they could be a heath and safety risk. If you let us know what the items are and the location, we will let our Estates team know so they can inspect and make efforts to identify the owner or have the items removed.

    All our estates are also inspected at least monthly – and this is one of the issues that we look out for on such visits.

  • How do I report instances of loitering or anti-social behaviour in communal areas?

    If you notice people loitering and causing nuisance in or around your building then please make a note of the location, times and dates, and contact our Service Centre or email to let us know. Providing detailed information will help us to investigate the matter thoroughly and, if necessary, take action against those involved.

    If you have immediate concerns about the behaviour, you should contact the police by dialling 101, or 999 in the case of an emergency.

  • How do I report drug use on an estate?

    If you become aware of drug use on your estate, you should inform your local neighbourhood policing team – details can be found at

    Please also contact our Service Centre or email and let us know details about the time, date and location of the incidents, as well as anything you know about the perpetrator(s). We will pass the matter to our Enforcement team to investigate.

  • How do I report vandalism where I live?

    If you notice vandalism on your estate or in your building then please contact our Service Centre or email to let us know. We will arrange to have the item repaired. In the case of graffiti, we will remove anything offensive within 24 hours or seven days if it is not. We will also let our Enforcement team know about the issue so they can investigate if necessary.

  • What do I do if I suspect my neighbour is illegally subletting their property?

    If you believe that a resident has let their property to someone who should not be staying there, you should get in touch and provide us with details. You should describe the people in detail, what property they are staying in and how many of them there are. This information will then be passed to the Enforcement team to deal with. Information can be sent to

  • How do I report abandoned bulk refuse?

    If you notice abandoned bulk refuse on one of our estates then please contact our Service Centre or email and we will arrange for it to be removed. If it is hazardous waste please let us know and it will be removed within 24 hours.

    However, if the rubbish has been dumped on a public highway then please contact your local council.

    If you want to arrange for your own bulk refuse to be collected, please go to and enter your postcode to find out who to contact.

  • I have been a victim of domestic violence. What should I do?

    If you wish to report an instance of domestic violence please call the Service Centre on 020 7613 8080. Your call will be treated in strict confidence.

    Women’s Aid, a national charity to tackle domestic violence, can also offer help and advice with issues involving yourself or someone you know. They run a 24 hour freephone helpline. Please click here to go to their website and get their contact details.

    You can also seek support and counselling at

    If it is an emergency please call the police.

  • There is a sticker on an item I have put in the communal area. Why is this?

    Legislation around fire safety requires landlords to carry out Fire Risk Assessments. Part of this assessment focuses on escape routes and therefore includes communal areas, which have to be kept clear as they are a means of escape in the event of a fire.

    This means that all items that are found in the communal areas of our estates will need to be removed.

    If there is a sticker on an item you have placed in a communal area, such as a bike, flower pot, or pram, then you have 7 days to remove it, or we will remove it from the premises and you will need to contact the Service Centre on 020 7613 8080 to get it back.

    We will then keep the item for a maximum of 14 days. You will need to make a payment of £10 to get it back. If no payment is made within this time, then an instruction will be passed to our contractors to dispose of the item.

  • There are rough sleepers on my estate. How do I report it?

    If there is someone sleeping in a communal area such as the bin store or the communal stairway and you want to report it, then you should contact the police on their non-emergency number, by calling 101.

    If they have gained access due to something being broken, such as a window or entrance door, or if you feel there are additional security measures that may be needed, then please report it to us in the normal way on 020 7613 8080.