Islington renters: Thousands of £250 grants still available to help with living costs
19th May 2023
One-off grants of £250 are still available to renters in Islington to help them cover essential living costs. It doesn’t matter who you rent your home from – a private landlord, a housing association or the council – you could be eligible claim one of the £250 payments.
You will need to act fast as the money is being given away on a first-come, first-served basis by Islington Council. The grants are intended to help people who are struggling to cover all their bills, so conditions apply – you must be renting your home and there are limits on total household income and savings.
You can find all the information and instructions on how to apply at islington.gov.uk/help250 and please only apply if you meet all the criteria.
The fund pays a one-off £250 grant to any household meeting these criteria:
- Live in Islington as your main and permanent address.
- Pay rent.
- Be in work.
- Have total combined household earnings of less than £50,000 gross per year.
- Have total combined household savings of less than £5,000
- Not be in full-time education, unless you are a mature student aged 25 and over
- Not have already received an award of £250 from the fund.
Applicants will need to supply evidence of tenancy, earnings and savings. All the requirements are clearly explained on the application page at islington.gov.uk/help250.