Terms and conditions – Barnsbury Community Centre
Booking administration and payments:
• A booking form is required for the hire of the centre and/or kitchen facilities. No hall hire will take place without a signed booking form and the acceptance of the hall hire terms and conditions.
• Time of booking will be held with payment of deposit but full booking will be confirmed on receipt of full hall hire charges.
• Applications for venue hire will be accepted only if the nature of the function is considered appropriate by the Barnsbury Community Centre or Newlon Housing Trust in line with current legislation (in particular, events or activities should not contravene the Equality Act 2010). The hirer cannot use the hall for any illegal or immoral activity or for encouraging or promoting harmful or offensive activity. Moreover, the Barnsbury Community Centre cannot be used for any event or activity which may cause nuisance, annoyance or damage to the property or surrounding neighbourhood. The Centre is not to be used for the purposes of promoting extremist views (that may contravene the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015). Staff of the Barnsbury Community Centre and Newlon Housing Trust reserve the right to refuse bookings should they fall outside of the above standards .
• Regular hall hirers are required to hold keys for requested space(s) at an additional £40 on top off the original deposit. Loss of keys will result in a charge of £40 per incident.
• Keys should not be copied by the hall hirer but should be requested from staff at the Barnsbury Community Centre.
• Only the hirer and the second signed name on the agreement are permitted to hold the allocated keys.
Times of use:
• All hall hire activities must cease by 10.30pm (Monday-Saturday) or 10pm (Sunday), with 30 minutes allowance given for clearing away.
• The premises must be vacated by 10.30pm (Monday to Saturday) or 10pm (Sunday). Failure to leave the premises by said time will lead to a £10 charge for every ten minutes after the end time.
• If it is a one-off booking, the hirer must check in and out of the premises before and after use of the space. The caretaker will log this process for after-hours or weekend bookings.
Building and property usage/hirer conduct:
• During the summer months, hirers must reduce the volume of any noise equipment. Alternatively the hirer will be responsible for providing their own fan/cooling equipment to ensure noise impact on resident neighbours is minimal.
• When exiting and entering the Centre, hall hirers and hall users should behave in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb the neighbours. Noise should be kept to a minimum.
• The outside areas (play areas, football/basketball pitch, and community garden) are not accessible as a condition of this letting. Unauthorised access to the outside areas will result in full loss of deposit. Public and Employers’ Liability Insurance: Newlon Housing Trust’s liability is limited to meetings and functions organised and operated by Newlon Housing Trust. Please note that bouncy castles are not permitted within or around the Barnsbury Community Centre.
• The centre/building should be locked by the key holder.
The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all his/her function’s attendees – this relates to:
•All costs incurred due to lost hire income or cleaning charges as a result of the room(s) or building not being left in a clean condition.
•Ensuring that the maximum number of people per room is not exceeded. (Should the number be exceeded, Newlon Housing Trust takes no responsibility and the hirer will be held responsible and accountable). The maximum number of people per room is for health, safety and fire precaution reasons, and to monitor the number of persons in the building at any given time.
•Reporting any damages caused during the event/function (the hirer will be held responsible if the damage has occurred during the period of hire). Where applicable, all hirers must be covered by their own insurance (proof may be requested) and the hirer is liable for activities undertaken directly within or around the Centre.
•Any accidents or concerns should be reported to staff of the Barnsbury Community Centre or Newlon Housing Trust as soon as possible.
•Disposing of rubbish in the outside bins.
•Leaving the premises clean and tidy (any furniture should be put back as it was found).
•Arriving and leaving at the times specified on the booking form.
•Ensuring that alcohol is not sold on the premises.
•Ensuring that guests/participants have left the building by the end of the hire period.
•Ensuring that noise is kept to a minimum at all times.
•Ensuring children are supervised at all times.
•Ensuring that individuals and groups behave in an orderly manner while using the Centre and the property.
•No rear external, garage or other areas on the estate are included in the hire and are out of bounds. The hirer must ensure that individuals in their group do not stray into these areas.
•Smoking within the building or directly in front of the premises is prohibited.
•WiFi is available and log-in information should be attained from staff at the Barnsbury Community Centre. WiFi should only be used during the time of the booking and should not be used for large-scale downloading. Inappropriate use may impact the booking and may be monitored and reported to the authorities.
Payments and deposits:
•The deposit of £100 is payable at time of booking and is refundable after 14 days following the booking, at the earliest. Deposits are returnable to hirer after 14 days of the hall hire, at the very earliest, following checks by staff.
•A deposit of £190 is payable at the time of booking for regular hires after close of business or on weekends, and if refundable 7 days after booking concludes.
•Payments for hire must be made in advance.
•If, for whatever reason, the booking time becomes unavailable (through no fault of the hirer),then Newlon Housing Trust will refund any monies the hirer has paid in that regard.
•All monies should be payable to Newlon Housing Trust.
•All Newlon Housing Trust residents will be charged a discounted rate of hire for use of any halls, on the provision that they provide proof of address and identity.
•One-off hirers are required to pay an additional £25 on top of their total hire fee to cover opening/closing and caretaking costs for bookings that fall outside of regular hours (i.e. weekends and after 5pm on weekdays)
•There are no parking facilities outside the centre and clamping is in operation.
•You can load and unload for 10 minutes only.
•There is a drop off point outside the centre and estate parking can be purchased from the office within the centre, during the weekdays 9am to 5pm, or there is street parking nearby.
•Number of people in the main hall shall not exceed 95.
•Number of people in the seminar room shall not exceed 25.
•Number of people in the interview room shall not exceed 6.
•Newlon Housing Trust will ensure that the premises are clean and ready for use.
•The premises will be left as found by the hirer
Breaches and charges:
•Each breach of conduct will result in a £20 charge on deposit.
•For those groups who have regular bookings, if the deposit is used to cover costs of repairs, groups with regular bookings must ensure that the deposit deficit is repaid in full prior to their next session. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the hire agreement and may be subject to 20% cancellation charge.
•Should the hirer wish to cancel a booking, 10 days’ notice is required prior to the event taking place. If such notice is not given the hirer’s deposit will not be returned.
•In the event of any damages occurring during the event/function, repair costs will be deducted from the initial deposit. If the cost of repairs exceeds the initial deposit, the hirer agrees to pay any excess.