Service Charge Advisor
Providing 8,000 affordable homes across north and east London, Newlon Housing Trust is a fast-growing and award-winning charitable housing association. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to delivering high quality services to meet their needs.
Your role will be to work with, and assist, the Head of Service Charges in delivering value for money service charges for Newlon and Access by setting and monitoring budgets in line with legislation. You will also work with our customers to provide them with the information they need and assist with any queries they may have.
Having previously worked in either a housing or finance environment, and with experience of service charge setting and a strong customer focus, you will have excellent computer skills in Excel, be an experienced user of accounting packages, and the ability to adapt to and learn new packages as the need arises. An effective communicator with the ability to work with people at all levels, you will be organised and meticulous in your approach and be committed to delivering the highest quality service to our residents.
You will be:
- Preparing service charge budgets.
- Providing advice and assistance to leaseholders in relation to service charges.
- Liaising with Managers on Service Charge accounting matters.
- Providing both regular and one-off reports and accounting analysis, in particular monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assisting with Section 20 accounting and monitoring in conjunction with other departments.
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues in respect of the preparation and presentation of year end Statements of Accounts.
- Providing accurate, timely and effective service charge accounting information to all parties.
- Ensuring the integrity of service charge records and controls in line with prevailing legislation
- Assisting with the management of the annual service charge budget process.
- Assisting with the implementation of a new service charge accounting system.
In return, you can expect 27 days holiday, a non-contributory pension, excellent benefits and a flexi-time scheme. You’ll be working at our purpose-built offices that form part of the award-winning Hale Village regeneration project and situated just two minutes’ walk from the major transport interchange at Tottenham Hale.
Closing dates for applications: Midnight, Sunday 30th June
Assessments will be held on Tuesday 9th July
Interviews will be held on Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th July
Newlon Housing Trust is a charitable housing association and a committed equal opportunities employer.
Salary: £37,582 per annum plus up to 5% Performance related pay
Location: Tottenham Hale, London, N17
Closing Date: 30/06/2019 11:59 PM