Key Worker Intermediate Rent
Intermediate Rent is a scheme where homes are let at rents which are between social housing rents and rents in the private sector. This is usually set between 65% to 80% of market rents in the local area. For a good indication of what market rent in the area is likely to be check estate agents’ lettings websites.
Traditionally we only let these homes to Key Workers, although we will now consider people in work who have housing needs and are registered on the local authority waiting list but have insufficient points for priority housing.
We have Intermediate Rent homes across North and East London, predominately in Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £66,000 per annum when applying for one and two bedroom properties and less than £80,000 per annum when applying for properties with three or more bedrooms.
- You need to be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You must complete a credit check.
- If you have been a Newlon tenant in the past you must not have left owing us money or been evicted for a breach of tenancy or arrears.
- You must have leave to remain in the country.
To find out about any Intermediate Rent homes we have available please visit our lettings website at www.newlonlettings.org.uk.